Sunday, October 15, 2006

small attainable goals....


that's what I like...small goals that can easily be reached! there is nothing like a sense of accomplishment in knowing you had a goal, a plan and you reached it.

in social work we use the SMART application a lot and I also like to add sometimes to my everyday life...



S - specific goal

M - measureable

A - attainable

R - realistic

T - timeline


so having said that here are my five goals I hope to accomplish by the end of 2006...


1. Lose 5 lbs....every pound counts...its hard with a hypothyroid problem but I am going to try and do more strength training instead of just running...all I do is run at the gym. I think I am going to add in more weights and hopefully that will help...


2. Find some albums to put my layouts into...I am so bad at this and I got this idea from Vikki's blog entry...I need to put my pages in albums! So if anyone out there has some good ideas of where I can find some cheap landscape 8 1/2 x 11 album ideas I am all ears!!!


3. Mad Money...I am starting a "mad money" fund to put away $20 a week for a getaway in the future. I am starting now because I dont think I would really miss $20 a week and come next spring I could theoretically have a lot of "mad money" for a fun getaway! So by the end of December I should have $220 away already of mad money!


4. 200 layouts! That has been my goal for the year 2006 - completing 200 layouts! As it stands right now today I have 43 more to go!! I think I can do it...! Go me...go me...lol


5. Small steps to a clean house....those who know me *know* I hate house cleaning but last weekend I actually did a lot of house cleaning and I realized I am less bitchy when the house is a little clean lol...so my goal is to spend a minimum of 15 minutes a day doing housecleaning. Now I know you clean freaks are thinking only 15 mins?? But trust me, this is a baby step for me lol and I am not including laundry time - that is one chore that I do without much thought lol....


So there you have it...I will update my list in January and hope I have some positive results!!!!

Now...have you blogged your five goals to acheive before the end of the year???!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have blogged mine! Great list Share -- housecleaning is on my list too, lolol. It's just so hard, where is the time for it??? lol.

Rhea said...

Great goals!! I am gonna blog mine later!! I swear!!!

Angel's Imaginations said...

Oh, yuck--housecleaning. I hate it, too. LOL
You just reminded me that I need to put my LO's in their albums. Oops. They are in page protectors, though. :)
Good goals, Share. The get-away fund sounds like a great idea.
You can hit your 200 LO's! I know you can! Go you! :-)

Jennifer said...

Great goals!!! Good luck!

sugarplum14 said...

I know you can do it Share! I think your goals look great! Good luck completing them all.. ohhhh.. and keep us updated with where you're gonna go with all your MAD Money!!!

Paula said...

Great goals Share! We use the SMART application at work too. I LOVE that "inspirational" poster! We actually have the real ones hanging at work and I have to laugh every time I pass them!

K G said...

I love your idea of a "mad money account" . That sounds very realistic. 200 layouts? YOU ROCK GIRL!!!

Lori M said...

good Luck Share with your goals!! I know you can do it....I just may have to start a money goal myself!

I've blogged mine!

Sophia said...

I like the Mad money idea, think I may try that.